Monday morning I took the train and walked around to the hospital in Gloucester to see my nice Dr, who smiles a lot (but he has a very strange grin so I'm not a fan of seeing it!) and have yet more tests done. Quite comical really, a whole lot of sticky pads everywhere on my arms & hands, wet metal things over my fingers, all hooked up to a machine. The Doc asks "ready?" and before you can ask "what for" your arm is jumping wildly all over the place. "Please keep you arm relaxed for me" he tells me, and I can't help but think, "Well, I'm bloody well trying!" All this data from these little sticky probes are making crazy looking patterns on the screen next to me, and I'm assured that when he's ready, he'll translate it all into English for me. So, now, on top of everything else, I now have it confirmed that I suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome. Lovely. I understand it as an acute form of RSI, so, perhaps typing merrily away at my blog shouldn't exactly be my new past time! But hey, what can ya do. Oddly too, I have a small case of it in my ankles too! Wonderful. That might explain the odd sensation that my feet don't belong to me when I go for a walk.
For the last two nights I have been attempting to wear these elastic / leather / metal wrist / hand / arm splints.....while I sleep! Needless to say, having these great monstrosities on both hands is not the most comfortable sensation I have ever had, and where I used to rest my head on my arm, there is now a chunk of solid metal in the way of my soft, familiar skin
On a more positive note, I have done a couple of new, uplifting things this week. I have decided to join a choir at the local church, I am now a "Stanley Singer"! Ok, not the most fascinating thing to do, but it was quite fun, I have no idea why, but I've been put in the soprano section. I suppose in a group I sound better than a screeching cat, which as far as I'm concerned I sound like when I try to sing that high on my own. And already, next week we'll be starting on Christmas Songs ready for some concerts (yay, I think). Also, last night, my friend Nikki and I went along to a line dancing class, but, we were mistaken about the type of lesson & went to the experienced beginners by mistake. We were encouraged to stick around & at least look at what was going on, and by chance, they were taught a new dance anyway, so, at this point we decided to join in and give it a whirl. I think we were pretty good! In fact, we joined in with most of the dances the rest of the lesson and got on pretty well. At one point the guy next to Nikki asked "have you done this before?" When he was given the answer, I dont think it was what he was looking for. She of course advised No, and he confessed that he had been in the beginner class for 3 years! Poor thing! I felt really bad that we were picking it all up quite quickly in comparison. Still, we've decided to go to the Thursday lesson instead & go through some beginner classes just as a matter of course.
Well, I've rambled on for long enough, to sum up, what have I achieved in my goal to a new, improved me before hitting
No comments:
Post a Comment