Ho, ho, ho, and I hpoe you all had a Merry Christmas, and are going to enjoy a wonderful New Year.
Mine's been fine - well, if your measure of a good Christmas is barely any arguements and no food poisening, then we had a fantastic Christmas! My hand is very sore tho (but I'll go into that later), but not as bad as my dad. We were sat there, Christmas day, after all the festivities and crazyness, and thanks to J's media disease, he was checking Facebook on his I-Phone and showed me my sister's status "The festive body count so far: my step dad's been sick all night so they're not here, and my dad is in hospital in France with a fractured shoulder and pelvis from wiping out on the slopes. I'm drinking my way through it." Well, for starters, all that going on I'm not surprised that she's drinking her way through it! But secondly, the dad she's referring to that's lying in hospital, is also my dad by coincidence! Oh bloddy hell!
A quick phone call later, and it turns out that dad went flying on the slopes - but embarressingly it was a green slope (honestly dad, if you'r gonna hurt yourself, at least do it with some style!). Unfortunately the only way to get him off the slopes was to ski off. THEN, according to rumor, he went to the pub and had a pint before going to hospital! Some might say that he did that with some style, but because he's my dad, I can honestly say, what a fucking idiot. Dad, if you read this, I mean that with the greatest respect, but honestly, what were you thinking?! Later on I also spoke to Shaz, she didn't say anything about the shoulder, but says he broke his arm in 3 places along with a fractured pelvis and she reported that he was in good spirits, a bit annoyed she beat him at Uno, and grumpy with the nurses because they won't bring him and red wine, but other than that ok. On Dec 26th, he was due to go in for an operation, and under the circumstances he was in the best possible care, a skiing injury specialist hospital in the "Tois Valley" system. But, I'm yet to hear any updates on that one.
Christmas day here went well as I said, lots to eat, some great gifts - I got myown guitar hero guitar! The Metallica edition! Not that I'm a massive Metallical fan, but the guitar is cool. We had the compulsary Christmas beliefs debate where by J's brother has very fixed ideas, and his sister had very different ones, which did lead to a heated debate, but sizzled out after a while - When I'm not feeling so poorly, and it doesn't take me so long to type, I'd like to write something about beliefs. But that can wait!
Anyway, my hand.... 23rd came round very quickly, and I was seen very quickly once I got to hospital. I was having the anesthetic where you stay awake (is that general or local? I never remember which way round!) and I've got to say, the WORST part was having the needle put into the palm of my hand for the anesthetic. It brought immediate tears to my eyes and I did scream. But the atmosphere stayed positive and we had a chuckle about that. The wierdest part was when we were underway, the sensation I was getting when I knew that my wrist was open, and there was a clamp in my wrist holding it all open. I can't explain it, but it was very strange indeed. I just knew that my wrist was much larger than it should be at that moment, and I heard the clamp going in. eerrrrrr!
Now my whole hand and half way down my arm is very bruised. The palm of my hand is grey and the rest is yellow and black. Christmas day I had to change the dressing, and I've never felt so sick looking at my own hand as I did then! Because of all the swelling, the insides of my hand is all trying to squeeze itself out of the sides of my stitches, so it's quite upsetting to look at. Last night I got more concernaed about it and we went to Kings Lynn A&E to see it it's really what my hand should look like at the moment. Short answer, no, but it's too late to put in extra stitches now. So Now as a precaution to infections, I'm taking anti-biotics and I had all the dried blood cleaned up properly. It was almost worth going just to have it cleaned!
I will leave it like that for now, It's been quite painful to write all this, and besides, I want a left over lunch!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment