Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Still here

Hello all. I'm still here, still looking for a new job. It's been 6 weeks or so now that I haven't been working, and only this weekend I stopped getting paid. Well, now I'm on my own, well and truely. I'm still plugging away at job hunting. Every day I'm surfing the web looking at various recruitment agencies websites, applying for jobs every day, getting on the phone every day. God I'm fed up with it all. I know at the beginning of my blog I said that by the time I turned 30, I wanted a better job than the one I had, but I didn't want to do it ike this. I didn't want to be shoved out of my job like I was. 

This whole process has been so rubbish. I am so bored at home. The cat is driving me crazy, I'm sure I drive her crazy too. I seem to miss J an awful lot (it doesn't help that he still goes fishing at the weekend - crazy bugger, IT'S WINTER FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!) but, I don't mind really. I had my sister on the phone yesterday and it was SO GOOD to talk to another human being for a change. But hey, we got our new sofa that we ordered at the end of September! Woo, what joy. Ah well, at least it's comfortable.

All sorts of things have gone wrong lately. J's car was a write off, he bought another one, and his friend drove it back home for us, picking up a nail on the way and gave us a puncture. The new car leaks like crazy (but, the stereo now works!). The washing machine pipe got totally blocked and after trying all sorts of tricks to clear it, J will now have to rip the pipe apart and unblock it from the outside. For now, the only way we're able to do washing is having the machine in the middle of the kitchen with the outlet pipe in the sink. So, working in the kitchen at the moment is nearly impossible. The new fence we put up shortly after moving in is now being blown appart by the awful winds we have up here. Still, next week, my matcho, navy brother will be popping in to help us out with that. The house is in a constant state of messy no matter how hard I feel I've been working. I've been to hospital because of stress. J is on and off unwell and I think stress on him is partly to blame for that, yet he still goes to work. I can't find the battery charger for my camera so I can't upload any piccys of Lily cat yet to show you all, and I don't know if I really fancy a Chinese meal or an Indian, but it doesn't matter anyway because I can't afford either! I don't know why I brought that up, but for weeks I have been wanting a take away and it's on my mind!


I also know I haven't been keeping up with my weigh loss countdown, but today is a Tuesday during week 77 of the countdown, and I do need to go into town today (JSA interview) so I will weigh myself and enter it into the chart. Well, I'll put it down as week 76 as the start of a new week. I'll update the chart later tonight.


I'm sorry. I know I'm moaning, but I am so bored! Don't get me wrong, I am keeping busy, but I'm sick of sawing wood for the fire, I have terribly dry hands from wall paper scraping & painting, I baked practice Christmas cookies and now I keep eating the buggers (no good for the diet I can tell you!) and I feel like I do nothing but tidy the house, and yet it's still a great big mess on a daily basis (where the heck does it all come from!) I seriously am starting to think I have no time in my life for a job any more (Kidding! I am desperate to get back into a routine and get back to work).

I did however have a very lovely "Christmas spirit" moment the other day. I had a £9 voucher for a cookery shop here in Stroud called "mills" - It's a lovely shop, full of bits & bobs of all shapes and sizes. Anyway, to prepare for making Christmas cookies, I needed cutters you know, a tree, a star, snowflake that sort of thing. I got chatting to the bloke behind the counter and I explained that I want to try and make a whole big batch of cookies to take to the family for Christmas so I don't go empty handed since I lost my job. All this stuff went over the amount on my voucher, and he just said to take it all, not asking me to pay the difference. I was very touched. He certainly didn't have to do that. He could have been like most other people in shops and been a total heartless bastard. But he wasn't. He was so nice. I said I should bring him some cookies to say thank you, but he "doesn't do sugar". Ah well, I made the gesture!

Well, since I've been stuck at home for weeks, I don't really have much to report. I will catch you all up when something actually happens in my life! I guess this is the time in the soap opera of my life when the really good writers have been on holiday and the idiots they've left behind just haven't got a clue how to keep the show interesting!   

No comments: